Vision Quest and Counting Coup Weather Update

To all Vision Quest Participants:

They expect around 3-4 inches of rain on the peak from this storm but the snow level will be above 7,000 feet so snow won’t be a problem. They are calling from the hardest rain to hit this evening and tonight with the storm tapering off tomorrow morning/afternoon. Aside from the possibility of some slides on the Main Divide, the creek levels should subside by late this week.

We have not had much rain so the precipitation from this storm should soak into the ground pretty easily and not cause the mud conditions we experienced on Black Star Canyon Road at last year’s Pow Wow. We will check the Black Star Canyon Road after the storm and give you its condition in our next update on Thursday.

The more critical storm is the one expected on Friday. As I mentioned as of today they aren’t predicting it to be a big storm and I’m hoping it does not materialize.

If we do have to postpone our back up date is the following week, Saturday, March 11th. Currently the long-range forecast for that weekend is sunny. We will not be giving refunds, per your event application, if the event is rescheduled and you can’t make the back up date, but you will have a choice of a comp at one of our remaining 2006 Events:

* The Cytomax Spring Cross Country Classic on Saturday, April 22nd

* The JAX Toad Festival on Saturday, May 13th

* The Rock and Road / Specialized 24-Hours of Orange County on Saturday, June 3rd thru Sunday June 4th.

* The Switchback 6-Hours of Orange County on Saturday, October 21st.

* The Sho-Air Fall Cross Country Classic on Saturday, November 18th, which will crown the male and female Orange County XC Champions

I’ll have another update issued on Thursday morning to let you know the status of the events but we will not go forward if Black Star Canyon Road is in the same condition as it was last year.

For the latest info check our message board:

Or call our info line at:

(714) 894-8211


Comments are closed.